Wednesday, June 13, 2012

2 Week Follow Up

Today we trekked back to the NS for my 2 week follow up appointment. It went better than expected, although traveling anywhere after brain surgery kind of takes the fun out of a car trip.

The NS and his nurse seemed to be sympathetic about my pain, although the NS did remark to his nurse that he had "never seen anything like this with THIS kind of surgery." I WOULD have to be the anomaly.

His general idea is that, along with nerve damage in my head, some tendons and other things might have gotten damaged which is causing the sharp, shooting pain. He gave me some nerve blockers for it there in the office. It did numb that pain but did nothing for the pressure. Because the pressure is only on one side of my head, it confuses him. The fluid build-up, of course, might just be on the one side and that could account for that. Without a CT scan or MRI it's hard to tell.

In the meantime, I am getting more pain management (thank God) and am supposed to call back in six days if things don't change.

So, not a lot of news. Just more "wait and see." Still, he was very nice and listened to me and took me seriously. I just want to reiterate that I have not had ANY issues with the neurosurgeon himself. I have found him well-informed, interesting, and I like the fact that he takes his time with me. The lack of communication between the support workers, however, is borderline crazy. Even during the visit today things were getting lost in translation. For instance, he told me to call back in 6 days yet, when we were leaving, the nurse told me 2 weeks.

I will continue resting, drinking fluids, and taking the pain medication when needed. Hopefully, things will start to get better and I will have some respite until they have to do something else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment