Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 13

I had a visitor today and that was nice. She brought me homemade brownies.

The pain took another turn for the worse and now I have this awful stiffness in my neck as well. I swear, it feels like my head is going to explode. The pressure is constant and where it was limited to the left side of my head, now it is spreading over the right. The stiffness and pain on the left side of my neck is radiating down my left arm, too. Pete can massage it and it helps a little bit. I don't notice that the muscle relaxers do much for it.

When the pain is at its worse it makes me sweat and the clamminess is not nice. But, it's certainly not the worst thing about this.

I have lost a little more weight. I think I am averaging about a pound a day. I can eat, but food doesn't have much of a taste and it's hard to get it to go down. After a few bites it doesn't feel like it's worth the effort. Pete made me some lovely eggs last night and they were perfect. Ordinarily I would have eaten all of them and wanted even more.

I wash my hair about every other day and try to keep air on the wound so that it will heal properly. I do my exercises several times a day, walk around the house, and sit up for a few hours at a time. I am also drinking a lot of juice, including blueberry juice that contains good antioxidants and cranberry juice that can help fight infection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment