Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 12

Today is Saturday, June 9th.

Thanks to the pain meds my PCP prescribed, I can sort of function through the pain. I am able to shower and move around and not be blinded by the unbearable pressure and stabbing sensation in my head.

I can hear and feel the fluid when I move my head, which is weird, but I don't know what to do about that. I have to keep taking the pills every 4-6 hours. To get behind or miss a dose means that it takes hours to get it back under control again.

The thrush is having difficulty clearing up since the steroids make it worse. I have about a day left of them.

So far, I have lost 15 pounds in 12 days. That is not totally unwelcome. :-)

I continue to do my exercises for my neck and to move around for flexibility and mobility concerns. There is some tightness, but I think my mobility is actually pretty good.

When I feel better, I am going to write the hospital advocacy program. I will document the treatment by the nurses (not all of them, of course) and by the unfair treatment that I feel I received from the neurosurgeon's staff.   I do not have an issue with the NS at the this time since, so far, everything negative has come from other people. True, they say it's by his orders, but all I have is their word on that.

If I don't get some kind of satisfactory reply or attention that I might seriously consider contacting the media.

More and more, I am becoming aware that my treatment was NOT normal or typical and it could have very well been dangerous. Even worse is the fact that due to my poor treatment, I am nervous about doing any kind of follow-up which could be even more hazardous to my health. They have put me in an awkward situation and uncomfortable position that makes me hesitant to seek care that I probably really need.

In the meantime, I continue to rest and try to eat and drink fluids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment