Friday, June 8, 2012

A more unified entry

I have created a page at the top called "My Surgery Story". You can find it here http://beckschiari.blogspot.com/p/my-surgery-story_08.html This should help you follow along better instead of having to jump around to all my entries. The timeline goes something like this, though:

Day 1 (29th): Day of the surgery 


7:30AM-surgery
12:00PM- moved to recovery
12-2:00PM- vomiting, walking around
2:00PM- moved to room
- walked for at least 10 minutes every hour until Day 2
- no catheter after surgery
- reported blisters and pain inside of mouth
- nurse did ultrasound and found full bladder that was not emptying completely

Day 2 (30th): released


- reported blisters, pain, and grittiness inside of mouth to nurse
- pain medicine sometimes 15 minutes late or more-muscle relaxer nearly 2 hours late
- reported nausea to nurse
- served molded bread in hospital
- reported too large booties that made me slip and nearly fall
- left alone unattended to shower and wash my sutures
- walked 15-20 minutes every hour
1:00-3:00pm- released from hospital

Day 3 (31st): hotel 

a little pain, some nausea, ate okay, rested

Day 4 (June 1st): hotel 

more pain, nausea, vomiting, rest, ate okay

Day 5 (June 2nd): home

came home, lots of pain, feeling of fluid in back of neck, nausea

Day 6 (June 3-Sunday): home

build-up of pressure, more vomiting, cold sweats, shooting pain

Day 7 (June 4-Monday): home

- called NS, prescribed steroids
- visited PCP (went home with scripts for nausea, constipation, and thrush)
- NS nurse told me if steroids don't help then I should come in on Wednesday
- that night, broke out into hives

Day 8 (June 5-Tuesday):

- called NS
- informed NS of increased pressure and pain and hives
- informed NS that I was almost out of pain medication (1 day left)
- NS did not offer instruction regarding hives
- was told that I could take Tylenol from there on out (7 days complete post-op, 8 days since surgery)
- double vision started

Day 9 (June 6-Wednesday): home

- NS called at 8:00AM and told me to leave for Cincinnati
- ran off road on drive up
- called NS and asked if we could move the appointment up an hour. nurse would not talk to me.
- receptionist called me back and told me not to come in at all-to wait until following Wednesday
- vomiting and nausea persisted
- horrible pain
- clammy sweats from pain
- double vision
- completely out of all pain meds

Day 10 (June 7-Thursday): home

- went to PCP and received pain management
- finally able to sleep more than an hour at a time (first since surgery)
- nausea and vomiting improved

Day 11 (June 11-Friday) : home

- nausea
- burning pain in head
- feeling of fluid "slooshing" when I turn my head
- pressure along one side of head
- pain is worse upon sitting or standing

*note: all of these symptoms have been passed along to my neurosurgeon's nurse

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice blog and so informative as well, I want to say a very big thanks to Dr.Itua for helping me with his Herbal Roots clease,after 10years of marriage with no child but thank God today with the help of Dr.Itua Herbal Medicine  i got pregnant with the period of 4 weeks after the herbal  treatment and i pray God give him more power to help other stander out there trying to get pregnant.for help you can reach him via: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com   or call whatsApp Number: +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete